ABIC 2016 Student Poster Competition
Student scientists are invited to submit abstracts of their work and prepare posters for display during ABIC 2016.
- Poster presenters must be registered conference delegates. The ABIC 2016 Student Registration must be completed indicating poster presentation, and the conference fee must be paid before abstracts will be accepted. Registration is available on the ABIC website (https://www.yourconferencesolution.com/registration/abic2016/index.html)
- Poster abstracts will be published in the Conference Proceedings and must be provided to the organizers in electronic format on or before September 1, 2016.
- Poster content must be based on the submitted abstract and should represent novel, not previously published, material.
Content is limited to one 8 ½-x-11-inch, single-spaced page with 1-inch margins. Unless otherwise noted, all fonts should be Times New Roman, 12 pt standard. The contents in order:
- Title: bold, 16-pt font at the top of the page
- List of authors: first name-last name format with the presenter’s name underlined
- Author contact affiliation: institution, city, state/province and country for each author
- Blank line to follow Title information
- Abstract: fewer than 300 words
- Presenting author’s email and phone contact information (will not be published) and the submission category for judging (Plant Science, Animal Health, Innovations, and Food & Health. More than one category may be indicated).
- Poster abstracts can be submitted to Dr. Jane Schuh at email@example.com. All poster abstracts must be submitted in word format with the subject link of ‘ABIC Poster Abstract’.
Size is limited to 4 ft x 4 ft. Authors should ensure that font and letter size allow legible viewing from at least 4 feet away. Authors should consider matte or satin finish to reduce glare and provide easier viewing.
- Title, author(s), affiliation(s) in letters at least 1 inch high, preferably larger
- Introduction, Materials/Methods, Results and Discussion sections
- Display: Poster setup must be completed before 8am Monday morning. Posters will remain on display through the conference and should carry your message without requiring additional comment. Poster removal instructions will be provided at the conference. All posters must be removed following the conference; posters not removed will be discarded.
- Presentation: Poster presenters are expected to present their posters for a one-hour judging session during the conference. Information regarding assigned times will be emailed to the presenter before the conference.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to the best poster in each or the themed subject areas of Plant Science, Animal Health, Innovations, and Food & Health. All posters will be evaluated on overall quality, scientific merit, clarity of supporting graphics, and oral presentation.
If you require assistance setting up your poster or have questions about the poster session, please contact Dr. Jane Schuh, poster program organizer: firstname.lastname@example.org, 701-630-0464.